Do you want to have a deep connection to your food? Maybe you’ve always wanted to raise your own pig but you don’t have the capability to do so? Do you want someone to raise your own pig for you? We understand that some people want to do more than just buy local. We can help with that! Introducing our new Swabian Sponsorship program that is partnered with Boylard’s Meat and Provisions in Maplewood, MO! Here’s how it works:
- You come out to the farm and see how we raise our pigs, meet the sows, meet our boar and depending on the time of year, even see some piglets!
- You have the opportunity to hand select one of our feeder pigs that will be all your own. We can tag it if it doesn’t have distinguishable markings so we can always keep an eye on your pig. You can even name it!
- We will send you updates via e-mail how your buddy is doing as the weeks progress. See what they’re eating, watch them play in the wallows, etc. Or schedule a time to come out to the farm and watch them play in the pasture yourself!
- You let us know when you are ready for your pig to be processed via our pastured pork order form. We will schedule a processing date at our USDA/FDA certified processor.
- This is where it gets really awesome, members of our Swabian Sponsorship program will have the opportunity to have their pig custom cut by a butcher from Boylard’s Meat and Provisions in Maplewood. Right here at our farm! We’ll teach you how to use every part of the pig from nose to tail. Come down and talk/drink/eat with us and our butcher while your pig is custom cut to your liking and take it home with you! (Season and schedule depending)
- Walk away with a cooler full of sustainably raised, heritage pork as well as recipes and a greater appreciation and understanding of farming, butchering and heritage pork.
This will truly be a great experience for you and your family and friends. Having this deep connection with your food makes your dining experience that much better. For inquiries or interest in our Swabian Sponsorship program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited!
Level 1: $250 + cost of your pig
This includes picking out your hog, occasional visits, e-mail updates with photos and videos and a butchering day with Bolyard’s at the farm where they will break down the entire pig to your liking.
Level 2: $500 + cost of your pig
This includes picking out your hog, occasional visits, e-mail updates with photos and videos and a butchering day with Bolyard’s at the farm where they will teach you how to break down the hog yourself. They will demonstrate the first half and walk you through the second half. This is will be a private butchering lesson with your own pig.
When signing up for the Swabian Sponsorship program, fill out the form below and e-mail/mail it back to us along with a deposit of $100. The total balance, including the cost of the pig, will be due on butchering day. We are able to accept cash, check, paypal and credit card.
Option to Withdrawl
If you chose to be apart of the Swabian Sponsorship program but aren’t able finish the program for any reason (i.e. can’t afford the total cost, life circumstances, have come too attached to the pig, etc) then we will reimburse your deposit of $100. However, you must notify us before we schedule a processing date. Failure to do so will forfeit your deposit and make your pig become available to another buyer OR be donated to a needy family in the community.
Understand this commitment goes three ways; between us (the farmers), you (the consumers) and the pig.